November 6, 2012 - The boy collected just one fast food toy this past month, but it's a nice one - a Mario figure from Burger King. The paint job is pretty nice for the size. It has more articulation than I was expecting: simple twists at both shoulders and hips.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month!
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has Young Justice and Littlest Pet Shop toys in their Happy Meals, with Rise of the Guardians shown as the next promotion.
- Sonic has Farm Tot Buddies listed.
- Burger King shows Wii U items (including Mario and Luigi figures) in their Kids Meals, with Kidz Bop coming soon.
- Subway Kids Meals have reusable lunch sacks. The sacks now feature Wreck-It Ralph.
- The Arby's web site shows "Apples to Apples" card decks, with Shape & Solve puzzles coming soon.
- Taco Bell has "Banana Cabana" items, an interesting wording choice considering that the cartoon in question is "Almost Naked Animals." The "kids under 3" item appears to be a Dive Olly Dive book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Wendy's Kids Meals have Animal Planet toys, with a "Toys'R'Us Holiday Surprize" coming soon.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists The Amazing Cow Hero comic books as the goodie in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item appears to be a Clifford board book. Their schedule shows that the comics should be available until November 17th. From November 19th to January 5th, the promotion will be Franklin books.