May 16, 2013 - For April, we made a single trip to Wendy's. We really should have gone more often so the boy could complete the Cranium brain, but it is still a cute container by itself. So far in May, he's only been to Wendy's, and scored a Klutz Trip-tivities activity book.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month!
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has Spy Gear and Winx Club toys in their Happy Meals, with Epic shown as the next promotion.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists mini scrapbooks as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item appears to be a board book.
- Wendy's Kids Meals have Klutz Trip-tivities in them. It doesn't look like much at first until you open the activities book and see how much there is to do. They have redone the web site and it no longer shows the toy, but we were just there on May 16th and got the Trip-tivities book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- The Arby's web site has been redesigned and doesn't seem to show the toy anymore, but last month it was Encyclopedia Britannica science/nature toys, with "Find It! with Arby Jr." books coming soon. What's this? Roast beef sandwiches on King's Hawaiian Bread rolls? Hmmm, we might have to go on a research trip to Arby's to find out what their toy is...
- Burger King has Jurassic Park toys in their Kids Meals, with Jungle Book toys coming soon.
- Subway Kids Meals have reusable lunch sacks. The sacks now feature Iron Man 3.
- Taco Bell lists NBA trading cards (over 150 to collect, you get 5 in each pack) as their current item, with a Dive Olly Dive book for the kids under 3.