January 20, 2014 - We were hermits in December, but the Adventure Time toys at McDonald's lured us out... and then the toys were delayed! The boy was so mad about it that he didn't even want to stay and eat there on that visit. The second time we checked for the Adenture Time toys, he had settled down a bit and accepted the Ice Age toy and played in the playroom. He's caught on to eBay now, so after getting the first Jake toy, he requested that I just "order the rest" from eBay.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has Adventure Time and Paul Frank toys in their Happy Meals. These were delayed a bit, but started showing up around January 17th, so go get them! There are only six different Adventure Time toys, which limits the character choices.
- Burger King has Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures toys in their Kids Meals, with Ice Age toys coming soon.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists five different Click, Clack, Moo books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Subway Kids Meals have Disney's Frozen lunch sacks.
- Taco Bell is phasing out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.