February 12, 2014 - Right now, the premiums in the McDonald's Happy Meals are cups from The LEGO Movie. As you can almost see in these pictures, the cups are lenticular. They are also fairly sturdy, so it might be worth getting a full set via eBay. Speaking of eBay, the boy did talk me into a set of last month's Adventure Time toys and a set of the Build-A-Bear toys from December.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has lenticular cups from The LEGO Movie in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is toys from Mr. Peabody & Sherman. Their McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Wendy's web site still does not list the toys at all, but sometimes they mention the toys on their Facebook page. They currently have small versions of Hasbro games, which you can see in this Facebook album. We saw a tv commercial for these toys this week; it is confusing that they would promote them on television but not bother to add them to their web site.
- Burger King has Ice Age toys in their Kids Meals, with Rio 2 toys coming soon.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- The Chick-fil-A site lists five different Click, Clack, Moo books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
- Subway Kids Meals have Disney's Frozen lunch sacks.
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell is phasing out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.