April 16, 2014 - The boy missed out on fast food entirely this past month, but he has caught on to the concept of eBay and has requested sets of several recent promotional toys.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has toys from Skylanders Swap Force and My Little Pony: Rainbow Power in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is The Amazing Spider-Man 2, with toys for boys and jewelry/goodies for girls.
Their McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Wendy's web site still does not list the toys at all, but sometimes they mention the toys on their Facebook page. Currently they have a choice of Care Bears toys or Tonka trucks in their kids meals. The "kids under 3" toy is a board book by Eric Carle.
- Burger King has Rio 2 toys in their Kids Meals, with Tom and Jerry toys coming soon.
- Carl's Jr. and Hardee's both now have X-Men: Days of Future Past toys and activities. There are four items shown on the Carl's Jr. site (none are specifically mentioned on the Hardee's site): a Beast figure, a Magneto figure, a ring, and collectible cards. Starting in early June, the promotion changes to Fruit Ninja.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Subway Kids Meals have Muppets Most Wanted drawstring backpacks.
- The Chick-fil-A site lists five different I Spy! books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.