July 22, 2014 - This seems to be a pattern - the boy made just one visit to fast food in the past month, choosing to get his chicken nuggets out of the freezer at home instead of in a retaurant. He came back from his one McDonald's trip with a Mario Kart 8 toy.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has toys from Mario Kart 8 and Teenie Beanie Boos in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promo of HotWheels and Barbie.
Their McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- Subway Kids Meals have Guardians of the Galaxy drawstring backpacks. I might need to get those to use as project bags for my knitting. There are six available!
- The Chick-fil-A site lists five different Bear books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The "kids under 3" item is a board book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Like Wendy's, Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.