January 16, 2015 - The boy made a single trip to McDonald's last month. He scored a Spy Gear toy and then asked that we get him a set from eBay. When I agreed, he also requested a set of Penguins toys, because he had been paying attention to the commercials. It turns out that the Penguins are really nice toys - they are a periscope, binoculars, a wind-up toy, a water squirter, one that shoots a projectile, and one that launches a fish with a hidden message inside.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has books in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is a joint promo of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (spinning tops) and Sweethearts plush message hearts.
The McDonald's McPlay app now has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows Franklin books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book of Caillou.
- The Wendy's site is featuring "a surprise toy" in their kids meals, with Teen Titans Go coming soon.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- Subway Kids Meals have Big Hero 6 bags and trading cards.
- The Captain D's web site does not currently list the toy in their kids meals.
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.