January 2, 2016 - December flew by with no trips to fast food restaurants. We did get a popcorn bucket nearly the size of the boy when we went to see Star Wars: the Force Awakens, but there was no toy at the bottom.
Let's see what's out there in restaurants this month! (More after the jump)
A quick check of the web sites for the more popular fast food restaurants reveals the following:
- McDonald's has a joint promotion of Shopkins and Rabbids toys in their Happy Meals. The next promotion shown is actual books with a Valentine's theme.
The McDonald's McPlay app has free ebooks in it as well as a game. The ebooks are also available on their web site.
- The Chick-fil-A site shows eight different Amazing Animals books as the goodies in their Kid's Meals. The under 3 toy is a board book.
No changes from last month at these restaurants:
- The Wendy's site is showing holiday crafts in their kids meals. The snowglobe looks remarkably nice for something you get free with food. The under 3 toy is a board book.
- The Captain D's web site does not show their current promotion in their kids meals.
- Arby's has revamped their web site and it doesn't seem to show the toy anymore.
- Taco Bell has phased out Kids Meals and their Kids Menu. Most of the items will still be available on their regular menu, but will no longer be marketed as for kids, so really the only difference is that the toys are gone.